So dear reader, you ask why I don't fit in to this "clique" I refer to in the title of this entry.
1) I'm so far out in the sticks that I can't get to these meet-ups I hear so much about, and can't afford to get to anyway...
2) I don't go round hobnobbing with has-beens who are so desperate to recapture past glories...
3) I have too much to worry about in the "Here and Now" to get obsessed
with stuff which happened over 30 years ago for two hours every week...
4) And whenever I throw some extra info to fill in a blank or correct a
mistake, this guy who's seen as God by some thinks I'm pedantic.
Well, I've had enough. I can find better ways of occupying myself on a Sunday night than living in the past. The others can do what they wish. I'll march to the beat of my own drum, not a Simmons SDS 5.
- Mark Radbourne
- Cromer, Norfolk, United Kingdom
I'm a former hospital radio/club/mobile DJ, avid record collector and amateur musician (playing guitar, keyboards, recorder, harmonica and percussion.) I've even filled in on bass guitar for a couple of local bands as well (although that was quite a few years ago). Also interested in Motorsports, Wrestling/Mixed Martial Arts and Classic Television and Radio from the 1960s - 1980s.
Why am I on here? Well, I'm just trying to make some sense of life before it's too late...but who cares anyway?