About Me

My photo
Cromer, Norfolk, United Kingdom




I'm a former hospital radio/club/mobile DJ, avid record collector and amateur musician (playing guitar, keyboards, recorder, harmonica and percussion.) I've even filled in on bass guitar for a couple of local bands as well (although that was quite a few years ago). Also interested in Motorsports, Wrestling/Mixed Martial Arts and Classic Television and Radio from the 1960s - 1980s.

Why am I on here? Well, I'm just trying to make some sense of life before it's too late...but who cares anyway?

Sunday, 1 December 2013

Time For A Rant...

Right then.  After Monday's visit to Kelling Hospital, I'm now waiting to find out my next move regarding the treatment for the Social Anxiety Disorder I've been suffering from.  The plan is for me to see a locally based therapist at Merchants Place, which would be a lot easier to get to for me.  (When that actually happens will depend on how far down the waiting list I am.)  Now I find it difficult do express what I'm feeling at the best of times, but Jacqui (the therapist who saw me that day) did help to put me at my ease so I was able to discuss a few problems I had been going through.  As for what's next, it's going to be a case of  "wait and see".

Elsewhere, there's been no luck on the jobs front lately.  I've recently finished yet another training course (such as it was) at Avanta in Norwich.   All I did was spend one hour a week for six weeks looking for jobs on the internet.  Slight problem here - as it was only one hour per week, there wasn't enough time to get any meaningful stuff done. Once your 60 minutes was up, you would be moved off to make way for someone else.  To be honest, I found it difficult to fit in over there thanks to the social anxiety disorder -  I also had a couple of panic attacks during my time there.  Anyway, now that's over, I'm back at home doing my job hunting online, but the jobcentre are now back on their "You didn't get a job as a result of this course - therefore It's your fault." spiel, which is putting me under even more pressure, and as a result, I'm suffering from more panic attacks.  According to the Jobcentre, I need to be doing something different with my jobsearch.  What they fail to realise is, I've tried everything they've suggested in the last few years and it just hasn't worked.  Truth be told, I'm dreading my next visit on Friday, as the advisor says that he may ask management if they have a few ideas of their own.

I've a feeling this won't end well....

OK, RANT OVER.