About Me

My photo
Cromer, Norfolk, United Kingdom




I'm a former hospital radio/club/mobile DJ, avid record collector and amateur musician (playing guitar, keyboards, recorder, harmonica and percussion.) I've even filled in on bass guitar for a couple of local bands as well (although that was quite a few years ago). Also interested in Motorsports, Wrestling/Mixed Martial Arts and Classic Television and Radio from the 1960s - 1980s.

Why am I on here? Well, I'm just trying to make some sense of life before it's too late...but who cares anyway?

Friday, 28 December 2012

Coming Soon to A Computer Screen Near You….

Right then, Christmas more or less out of the way, but unlike most writers who’ll look back at the last year, I’ll just be glad to get it over and out of the way, and move on. 

Over the last few weeks I’ve been thinking about what to do with this blog - I’m pretty sure that most people would probably want to read about more than the usual pieces about how I’ve been messed about with by various training providers, my failed attempts at holding down a steady job for more than six months or discussions on my latest bit of second-hand technology and so on.  Now I’ve tried various bits and pieces in the past like the rather nattily titled “Rock ’n’ Roll History lessons” on an old website several years ago, but after some deliberation I’ve decided to split the stuff into several sections:-

  1. Personal writings - this section will include things like my job search experiences and general “this is what I did” type stuff - although it might end up getting divided up into several sub-sections. We’ll just have to see what happens with this one.
  2. Old TV and radio memories. This’ll probably feature bits concerning either old programmes or old TV/radio stations which are no longer running, but are still remembered fondly to this day.
  3. The music section - this is one bit I’m keen to expand on, having been a DJ in one form or another for around 15 years (and a record collector for more years than I care to remember.)  One feature I’m keen to have a go at is one I’ll be calling “Albums Revisited”.   Put simply, it’s just an excise to dig out some old stuff I hadn’t played for several years. Although I’ll be reviewing them, It’ll be from one fan’s perspective instead of a critic telling you what he/she thinks (although most of the time they’ll tell you it’s not worth the vinyl it’s pressed on.)
There may be other sections added but those are the main three groups that I have in mind moving forward.

Well, that’s enough of what I hope to do in the future. All I want to do is get the next few days out of the way, and then I’ll see what happens….