About Me

My photo
Cromer, Norfolk, United Kingdom




I'm a former hospital radio/club/mobile DJ, avid record collector and amateur musician (playing guitar, keyboards, recorder, harmonica and percussion.) I've even filled in on bass guitar for a couple of local bands as well (although that was quite a few years ago). Also interested in Motorsports, Wrestling/Mixed Martial Arts and Classic Television and Radio from the 1960s - 1980s.

Why am I on here? Well, I'm just trying to make some sense of life before it's too late...but who cares anyway?

Thursday, 13 December 2012

Are they allowed to do this?

I've had a chance to reflect on yesterday's appointment at Ingeus and my only conclusion is WTF?

It started routinely enough, just catching up with Marc (my adviser)   reviewing what had happened in the last two weeks fine tuning the CV, and basically discussing how the job hunting was progressing.  I was shocked however when he suggested what I can only described as dodgy - if I was working less than 30 hours, say around 27, I should do what he referred to as "self employment" for the other 3 hours - selling stuff on eBay for example.   That way I could qualify for tax credits in the same way I would if I was working the 30 hours as normal.  (To sum it up - a legal fiddle) Marc threw so much stuff around that it was too much to take in  all at once.  I'm due there again next month so I should be able to understand it a bit better - but I have my doubts about it all to be honest - and I wasn't exactly filled with confidence when he reckoned that he could only see me getting a part time job at best due to the various mental health issues (his words not mine) I had gone through in the past.  At least I get my spec letters posted off for nothing so that's one thing I don't have to worry about.

Well, at least Christmas should come as a more than welcome distraction....