About Me

My photo
Cromer, Norfolk, United Kingdom




I'm a former hospital radio/club/mobile DJ, avid record collector and amateur musician (playing guitar, keyboards, recorder, harmonica and percussion.) I've even filled in on bass guitar for a couple of local bands as well (although that was quite a few years ago). Also interested in Motorsports, Wrestling/Mixed Martial Arts and Classic Television and Radio from the 1960s - 1980s.

Why am I on here? Well, I'm just trying to make some sense of life before it's too late...but who cares anyway?

Sunday, 31 October 2010

So What’s Next…?

It’s been a busy month as I’ve been on a work placement at the local RSPCA charity shop.  Admittedly, I was rather nervous to start with, but with the help of shop managers Juliet and Karen and the other volunteers, I soon settled in to my role.  The first couple of weeks were spent going through the Christmas stock, sorting it all out and labelling each item so it’s ready to be priced up before going out into the shop.  For the rest of the time it’s been basically a case of helping out where needed, either on the till, laying out stock in the shop, or around the back - checking jigsaw puzzles mainly. But as I said to Juliet recently, no matter how dull or insignificant the task was, there was usually a way to make it look good on a CV, so what I was doing with the jigsaws could be counted as “Quality Control”!  Oh well… (For the record, I didn’t put it on my CV, but “checking stock for defects” would probably fit the bill just as well.)

To be honest, I’ve enjoyed my time on the placement, mainly as I’ve had a chance to meet some nice people, and the volunteers (as well as Juliet and Karen) have been great to work with.  On the whole, the experience is one that I’ll fondly remember for a long time to come.