About Me

My photo
Cromer, Norfolk, United Kingdom




I'm a former hospital radio/club/mobile DJ, avid record collector and amateur musician (playing guitar, keyboards, recorder, harmonica and percussion.) I've even filled in on bass guitar for a couple of local bands as well (although that was quite a few years ago). Also interested in Motorsports, Wrestling/Mixed Martial Arts and Classic Television and Radio from the 1960s - 1980s.

Why am I on here? Well, I'm just trying to make some sense of life before it's too late...but who cares anyway?

Saturday, 17 July 2010

School's Out....

Thursday night's exam session went off without a hitch - well, not quite - I was roped in by the tutor supervising the exam to help set up the dictation software on the computers which were being used for Audio Transcription exams as he didn't know how to load in the necessary audio files. Anyway, I now have a wait of around 5 - 8 weeks for the results. In the meantime I received the latest batch of certificates from Merchants Place, so now I (officially) have an OCR Level 2 Certificate in Text Processing (Business Professional). Most people will probably wonder what the hell I'm on about, but it looks impressive on my CV, which has now had yet another rewrite to accommodate the new qualifications. I also have a nice little break from classes, while I wait for further developments on the funding side of things.