About Me

My photo
Cromer, Norfolk, United Kingdom




I'm a former hospital radio/club/mobile DJ, avid record collector and amateur musician (playing guitar, keyboards, recorder, harmonica and percussion.) I've even filled in on bass guitar for a couple of local bands as well (although that was quite a few years ago). Also interested in Motorsports, Wrestling/Mixed Martial Arts and Classic Television and Radio from the 1960s - 1980s.

Why am I on here? Well, I'm just trying to make some sense of life before it's too late...but who cares anyway?

Tuesday, 13 July 2010

Random updates 13/07/10

Before I go any further, let me welcome you to my new blog - basically an attempt to get my thoughts into some sort of order before I go stir crazy...

Now that's out of the way, on to business...

It's been a bit quiet here in the last couple of months, although thanks to a couple of recent panic attacks, I'm back on beta blockers for the first time in a couple of years.

Anyway, that's the least of my worries as the future of the Admin Skills course is up in the air again due to "funding issues" at Merchants Place. To be honest, I doubt that the course will be continuing - especially with all the announcements about various government cutbacks in recent weeks. If it does go belly-up, it'll be a shame, having managed to get a few extra certificates in the last year or so, as well as meeting a few new friends in the process. (And they've allowed me to go at a pace I'm comfortable with instead of saying "you must pass this by such-and-such a date" which has made things easy to cope with taking into account my past mental health issues.) For now, the plan is to get through the next couple of exams next Thursday evening, and await developments during the summer break.

In the meantime, I've had plenty to take my mind off things - especially this past weekend. Not only did I have the British F1 grand prix to look forward to on Sunday, the British Speedway GP took place on Saturday night, followed by NASCAR's latest race a few hours later. So the "do not disturb" sign" was hung out with all the motorsports going on in the last few days.