About Me

My photo
Cromer, Norfolk, United Kingdom




I'm a former hospital radio/club/mobile DJ, avid record collector and amateur musician (playing guitar, keyboards, recorder, harmonica and percussion.) I've even filled in on bass guitar for a couple of local bands as well (although that was quite a few years ago). Also interested in Motorsports, Wrestling/Mixed Martial Arts and Classic Television and Radio from the 1960s - 1980s.

Why am I on here? Well, I'm just trying to make some sense of life before it's too late...but who cares anyway?

Monday, 19 July 2010

It all boils down to money....

Just had some news regarding the admin skills course at Merchants Place - and it doesn't look too good...

As a result of the aforementioned funding issues they are considering running the courses for ten weeks, at a cost of £10 per week for each student, including those, like myself, who are "unwaged" ie, on benefits such as Jobseekers Allowance. They say that there are a couple of possible options for alternative methods of funding, but it's highly unlikely that I'd qualify for those.

So it looks as though push has come to shove, and I seem to have no alternative than to drop out of the course. This is a great pity, since, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I've made a few new friends and got a few extra qualifications during my time at Merchants Place.

I still have just under 4 months left to go on Flexible New Deal, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed, as I'm waiting for developments regarding the mandatory 4-week "Work Boost" that A4e are supposed to be setting up for me. Other than that, what else can I do?

Not a lot it seems...